None of the people associated with AnimeReviews.xyz are located in the United States of America. Furthermore, none of our servers are located in the United States of America, therefore, we have no legal duty or obligation to comply with a law in a country we have absolutely nothing to do with.
However, send us a nice email explaining why and how you think a link violates your intellectual property, and we'll gladly consider and remove it. Nearly all copyright laws allow fair usage for uses such as commentary or journalism, and this site was created with the express purpose of facilitating public commentary on a subject. This page details an informal guide to getting us to take down an item on our site, it will change as we refine the process so you should always check back here before filing a request.
Please bear these things in mind:
- Please write in either English or Spanish (we can't read Japanese. Cloudia-kun might give German a crack if you're feeling super adventurous, no guarantees, though).
- Please include your phone number and physical address, we'd really like to follow up with you about how you found the process.
- If we find your email threatening or it contains foul language, we will report you to the appropriate authorities for harassment.
- AnimeReviews.xyz is not our full time job, it may take us a little time to respond. If we haven't responded within a week, please forward the message to us again with (resend) perpended to the subject - it may have just gotten lost in our inboxes.
- Flushing our caches is extremely resource intensive so we can't do it after deleting just one file. Therefore, your content may still be accessible for a while after we have removed it from all our non-volatile storage mediums.
- There is a very small chance that your content will be inadvertently restored to our system if we have to restore a full data dump. If your believe this to have happened, please Email us again so we can investigate.
- If you're reporting more than one URL, please put each on a separate line so we can automatically parse the message text if necessary.
Here's a template of a nice email to send to [email protected]<the website>.xyz.
Dear John and Cloudia of AnimeReviews.xyz, It has come to my attention that there is an image on your site that [I drew for my blog [here] / is part of a work that I am the copyright owner for] and I believe your use of it violates my copyright and is in a manner that exceeds the usage allowed by fair use. You can find this image at the following URL: http://i.animereviews.xyz/sakura-trick-wallpaper.24af30fd.png I would like for you to please [remove the above content / credit me with a link to my blog http://myblog.com / disable access to the content]. You can reach me at [email protected] for further information or clarification. My phone number is +67-202-393-3984 and my mailing address is John Q Public, 323 Park Avenue, Windyton, England. I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted materials described above as allegedly infringing is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law. I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in this message is accurate and that I am authorised under the New Zealand Copyright Act section 94 to be identified as the author or director of this content. Regards, Me Meington
The name at the bottom of this email will be made public in the image we replace your content with. Your email will also be submitted to Chilling Effects if your request is carried out successfully.